Today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite recipes for strawberry muffins. However I consider these just a bit more special than normal muffins as they are deliciously topped with sweet strawberry preserves, that gives these muffins an extra layer of texture and flavor.
In place of the usual canola oil or butter, I've replaced it with grapeseed oil, which is not only healthier, but also gives the muffins a very light texture. You can also make these muffins without the strawberry preserves if you don't have any.
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 2/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry preserves ( or jam )
1. Prehead the oven to 357F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, milk and egg. Beat lightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
4. Throw in the chopped strawberries.
5. Pour in the milk/egg mixture and stir to combine all ingredients.
6. Fill muffin cups with mixture.
7.Spoon strawberry preserves on top.
8. Bake for 25 minutes. The top should bounce back if you touch it.
If you're anything like me, you'll probably end up devouring a couple before they've cooled down!
Post a Comment
As always, your comments are appreciated. Thanks!