This morning I woke up to an incredibly beautiful day. The sky was blue and the birds were happily chirping away and I was instantly put in a good mood. That's exactly the way I like to start my day and what better way to celebrate the beautiful day than with a good breakfast!
Today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite ways to make french toast. One word of warning though. It's incredibly easy to make yet tastes amazing! I'm serious! If you are a fan of orange marmalade, you'll love this. Of course if you prefer jam, I don't see why you couldn't make it with that instead. In fact, I think that's what I'll do tomorrow.
So here are the simple instructions for making my favorite Marmalade-Stuffed French Toast.
This recipe serves 2. Here are the ingredients.
- Four slices of bread
- Orange marmalade
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar ( optional )
- Spread some orange marmalade onto two slices of bread.
- Put the other two slices of bread on top of them.
- Mix together 2 eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Soak the bread in egg mixture ( 1 minute on each side ) until well absorbed on both sides.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan. Cook the french toast until golden brown and slightly crispy on both sides. Cook on medium heat to make sure the bread is cooked all the way through.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and serve with extra marmalade.
If you haven't already, please subscribe to my newsletter to stay up to date with new posts. It's really a no-brainer, especially if you love food and travel. You'll also receive a free copy of my 10 favorite recipes.
If you have some time, why not check out my YouTube Channel? It's a collection of delicious recipes, interesting food reviews and fun travel videos. If you do enjoy my videos, please give them a thumbs up and leave me a comment. Oh, and don't forget to subscribe! :)
Thanks so much and I hope you're having a great week!